Student Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Demonstrate knowledge, skills, behaviors and attitudes to achieve optimal health outcomes in diverse patient populations.
- 1.1: Students will synthesize content required for clinical decision-making.
- 1.2: Students will develop the knowledge and skills to provide quality patient care for individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds in an equitable, effective and respectful manner.
- 1.3: Students will demonstrate patient-centered clinical decision-making with progressing independence as they transition to practice.
Goal 2: Become highly qualified Athletic Trainers engaged in critical thinking and scientific inquiry to advance their knowledge and capacity for evidence-based practice.
- 2.1: Students will describe the contributions of clinical expertise, patient values, and available research towards decision making within clinical settings.
- 2.2: Students will develop and answer focused clinical questions in a thorough and systematic manner using both pre-existing evidence and original discovery.
- 2.3: Students will implement care plans for patients that are guided by all components of evidence-based practice.
- 2.4: Students will participate in the dissemination of clinically relevant scholarship.
Goal 3: Incorporate information and communication technologies integral in today’s healthcare industry into clinical decision-making, patient care, and healthcare systems evaluation and improvement.
- 3.1: Students will apply current laws and regulations regarding healthcare communications.
- 3.2: Students will utilize an electronic health record for documentation of patient evaluation, care, and outcomes.
- 3.3: Students will apply contemporary principles and practices of health informatics to the administration and delivery of patient care.
Goal 4: Work as valued members of interprofessional practice teams.
- 4.1: Students will explain the different roles, expertise, and responsibilities of healthcare professionals.
- 4.2: Students will communicate effectively and respectfully with peers and other healthcare professionals.
- 4.3: Students will utilize an effective and reflective teamwork approach to provide patient-centered care.
Goal 5: Become an engaged and responsible member of the community through ethical professional conduct, and reflective, on-going self-evaluation and professional development.
- 5.1: Students will demonstrate professional demeanor by interacting appropriately with patients, healthcare providers, and colleagues and make sound decisions.
- 5.2: Students will be actively engaged in their professional development and be able to self-assess and plan for their personal goals and professional practice.